OTHER HAZARDS

  * Antifreeze has a pleasant taste. Unfortunately, very small amounts can be lethal. As little as

     one teaspoon of antifreeze can be  deadly to a cat; less than four teaspoons can be

     dangerous to a 10-pound dog. Thoroughly clean up any spills, store antifreeze in tightly closed

     containers and store in secured cabinets. Automotive products such as gasoline, oil and

     antifreeze should be stored in areas that are inaccessible to your pets. Propylene glycol is a

     safer form of antifreeze. Low Tox™ brand antifreeze contains propylene glycol and is

     recommended to use in pet households.

     If you think your pet has consumed antifreeze, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal

     Poison Control Center (1-888-426-4435) right away!

  * Liquid potpourris are popular household fragrances.  Pets are often exposed to liquid

     potpourri by direct ingestion from simmer pots or spills, or by rubbing against leaky bottles or

     simmer pots containing the potpourri, or from spilling the containers upon themselves. Oral

     exposures result following grooming. Exposure of pets to some types of liquid potpourris can

     result in severe oral, dermal and ocular damage.

  * Rat and mouse killers are used commonly. When using rat and mouse bait, place the products

     in areas that are inaccessible to your companion animals.